NUMS Entry Test is a prerequisite for taking admission in medical colleges affiliated with NUMS in Pakistan. This test is conducted by National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) for the students who have completed their intermediate (pre-medical) level education and wish to pursue a career in medicine.
This is an in-depth guide concerning NUMS Entry Test where you can find all information about NUMS syllabus, admission process, past papers, and NUMS registration process. The NUMS Entry Test usually takes place in the month of October each year.
Keep in mind that there are no changes in the syllabus and paper duration is still 150 minutes. However, a candidate having 60% Marks in intermediate can appear in the entry test. The Passing criteria are 120 marks out of 180.
Applicants to the affiliated medical colleges of NUMS must pass the National MDCAT with a minimum score of 65% in addition to the NUMS entrance test.
This test can be prepared at home by reading textbooks and purchasing the entry test books from mbbs.com.pk (Short MCQs Book). In this way you can prepare yourself at your convenience.
What is the NUMS Entry Test?
The National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) entry test is the first step of admission in NUMS affiliated medical and dental colleges. This entry test is compulsory for public and private sector medical colleges affiliated with the national university of medical sciences.
NUMS conducts this test every year. If you want to take the next step in your career and become a doctor or dentist, then make sure you register for and take the NUMS entry test.
Related: MDCAT 2022
What is NUMS MDCAT?
The National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) Entry test is conducted every year across the country. It is important that you must clear the MDCAT by 65% in order to be eligible for admission into NUMS. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in medical sciences, then make sure to prepare yourself for the NUMS Entry Test and achieve good marks.
What Is the Eligibility Criteria for NUMS?
- The weightage formula is the same 50% National MDCAT, 25% NUMS Entry Test and 25% F.Sc. Pre-Medical/HSSC/Eq. However, it should be noted that these are just guidelines and universities may vary their weightages in order to select the most appropriate students for their programs.
National MDCAT 50%
NUMS Entry Test 25%
F.Sc. Pre-Medical/HSSC/Eq. 25%
- As per PMC regulations 2021, successful completion of the National MDCAT with 65% marks is required for admission to NUMS colleges.
- Hold a HSSC/FSc Pre-Medical or an equivalent 12th-grade qualification recognized in Pakistan with a grade point average of at least sixty-five percent (65%); or higher percentage as required by the Medical Council.
- It is mandatory to pass a qualifying psychological test, however, merit will be determined by subject-based multiple choice questions.
- IBBC certificate is mandatory for O/A Level Students, it means O/A Level students can also apply.
- Result awaiting students can also apply.
How to Apply for NUMS?
After registration, visit numspak.edu.pk to fill in your details after going to the Admissions section and upload any required documents before submitting an application for NUMS MDCAT Portal.
After completing all necessary fields you will be redirected back home or office where it is possible that a screen appears asking if there are corrections needed with what was just submitted; simply click “yes” if this does occur so then input can go through again correctly without making mistakes along the way. The last step entails clicking on Submit Form
What Is the Test Format or MCQs Distribution for NUMS?
The following is a complete description of the NUMS entry test. There are 180 multiple choice questions. Each multiple choice question carries one point. There is no negative marking.
- Biology 60
- Chemistry 38
- Physics 37
- English 15
- Easy 20%
- Moderate 55%
- Hard 25%
The psychological test comprising of 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with stipulated time of 30 minutes:
- Merit shall be based on Subject Based Question Paper.
- However, Qualifying The Psychological Test shall be mandatory.
- There shall be No Negative Marking.
The time allowed for the test is 3 hours.
What Is the Syllabus for NUMS Entry Test 2022?
The National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) has not released the syllabus for the medical entrance test 2022 as of now. The students who are planning to appear in the upcoming NUMS test must be curious to know about the PMC syllabus so that they can start their preparation accordingly.
However, we would like to inform our readers that the details related to the syllabus will be uploaded on this page as soon as it is released by NUMS authorities.
Till then, you can go through the previous year’s syllabus and prepare accordingly.-We would also like to mention here that downloading NUMS Syllabus PDF will prove to be very beneficial for all aspirants appearing in the medical entrance examination. This document
What Is the NUMS Registration Date and Schedule?
The admission process starts for NUMS Entry Test as early as July/August and the merit list is displayed in October/November. The fee for the test is 3000 PKR .
Merit List Display
Commencement of Academic Year
Last week of December
What Are the Test Centers for NUMS?
The following is a list of test centers for NUMS. Please select your nearest location:
What are the Courses Offered By NUMS
Here is the list of undergraduate courses offered by NUMS:
- Allied Health Sciences
Which Are the Affiliated Medical Colleges with NUMS?
The following are the medical colleges affiliated with NUMS. you can apply for
- Federal Medical And Dental College, Islamabad. Pakistan’s capital city of Islamabad is home to the Federal Medical and Dental College (FMDC), a leading institution for medical education. The college provides admission to 110 students each year into its MBBS program. In addition, FMDC has recently started offering BDS degrees as well.
- Army Medical College, Rawalpindi. Army Medical College, Rawalpindi is a military institute which was established in 1977 as a residential institution for imparting undergraduate medical education to selected cadets. The college also allows the civilian admission of students who do not want to join the Pakistan Army.
Federal Medical and dental college, MBBS only, the Total number of seats for MBBS is 100. Army Medical colleges offer MBBS and BDS courses.
2. PRIVATE SECTOR
Here is the complete list of medical colleges affiliated with the National University of Medical Sciences
- CMH, Lahore Medical College, Lahore
- Combined institute of medical sciences, Multan
- CMH Bahawalpur Medical college, Bahawalpur
- Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences, Quetta
- Islamabad Medical College, Islamabad
- Yusra Medical colleges, Islamabad
- Karachi Institute of Medical Sciences, Malir Cantt
- Wah Medical College, Wah Cantt
- CMH Kharian Medical college
- HITEC of Institute Of Medical Sciences, Taxila
What is the NUMS Fee Structure for MBBS?
- Public Sector Medical colleges affiliated with NUMS
- Private Sector Medical colleges affiliated with NUMS
1. For Public Sector College
Two public sector colleges are affiliated with NUMS
a) Army Medical College Fee Structure. Fees are not charged to students. Each month, medical cadets receive 30,000 scholarships. The fee structure for paying cadets is 180,000 PKR.
b) Federal Medical and Dental College. FMDC charges 30,000 per year for MBBS.
2. For Private Sector
Here is the complete fee structure:
|Admission Fee||PKR 50,00|
|Tuition fee||PKR 950,000|
|Registration Fee||PKR 10,000|
|PMDC Registration Fee||PKR 10,000|
|Document verification fee||PKR 3,000|
|Examination Fee||PKR 7,500|
|Medical Charges||PKR 5,000|
|Sports Charges||PKR 10,000|
|Transport Charges||PKR 5,000|
|Graduation Fee||PKR 15,000|
|Continue Critical Thinking||PKR 25,000|
|Library Charges||PKR 10,000|
|Government Tax||PKR 55,025|
|Total (1st year MBBS)||PKR 1,155,525|
Moreover, students are also required to submit the following documents, in the respective medical colleges.
- Wealth statement of the parent, Equivalent to the tuition fee of the complete course.
- Income tax returns
- Insurance certificate
Related: NUMS Registration 2022
What Are the Preparation Tips for NUMS?
The NUMS entry test is of great importance. Here is a practical guide to preparing for the test. The guide is centralized. Each year, more than 30,000 candidates take the test, with a passing rate of 5%.
- One of the major portions of a biology test consists of 70 multiple choice questions out of 180. Biology is an imperative component of the test. What is the best way to prepare for it? Read the Biology Book by the National Book Foundation as well as the Punjab TestBook Board.
- There are 45 questions in Chemistry. The chemistry question is general in nature. It is based on general principles of chemistry. Please referIt is best to use the NUMS Booklet for practice, the NUMS Booklet is recommended. You must be familiar with the basic concepts
- Physics accounts for 45 of the questions. These are referred to as the physics questions. Compare to the Biology and Chemistry portions, it is a challenging section. Questions are divided into theoretical and numerical components. Practice questions are provided in the NUMS booklet.
- Practice English questions in advance. It is essential to possess a strong grasp of the errors and tenses on the spot.
Related: Medical Colleges In Karachi
MCQs BOOKS FOR NUMS ENTRY TEST PREPARATION
Here are the best MCQS books for NUMS entry test preparation.
- Text Books
- National Foundation Books
- NUMS Preparation Booklet
- Handmade Notes
HOW TO CALCULATE NUMS AGGREGATE?
Follow these steps to calculate NUMS aggregate
- Marks obtained in SSC /Equivalent x 1100 x 0.10 = 10% of SSC/Equivalent
Total marks of SSC/Equivalent
- Marks obtained in HSSC /Equivalent x 1100 x 0.49 = 40% of SSC/Equivalent
Total marks of HSSC/Equivalent
- Marks obtained in NUMS Entry test 180 x 0.50 = 50% of NUMS-MDCAT
Total marks of SSC/Equivalent Marks obtained in NUMS-MDCAT x 0.50 = 50% of NUMS-MDCAT
Total marks of NUMS-MDCAT
Related: MBBS In China For Pakistani Students
- Marks obtained in Matriculation = 972 / 1050
- Obtained Marks in HSSC/FSc = 930 / 1100
- Marks obtained in Entrance Test = 130 / 180
- By applying the aforementioned formula:
- 972 / 1100 x 1100 x 0.10 = 103.92
- 930/1100 x 1100 x 0.40 = 392
- 130/180 x 180 x 0.50 = 485
- Aggregate Marks = 103.92 + 392 + 485 = 980.92
- Aggregate Percentage = 980.92 / 1100 x 100 = 89.1745
you have any question, Do comment. I will help you as soon as possible. You can also contact us. want to ask any question, Drop-in a comment. it will be a pleasure for me to help you. NUMS Entry Test decides your merit and further medical college for you.
If you need any suggestions and suggestions ask in a comment. Our team is an expert in career counseling.
Related: AFNS Registration 2022
HOW TO CONTACT NUMS?
|Contact||Phone & Email|
|Fee Enquiries||+92-51-9270677 (Ext 239)
|Research Enquiries||+92-51-9270677 (Ext 224)
Frequently Asked Questions About NUMS Entry Test
Here is the FAQ About NUMS Entry Test with answers.
- Is NUMS a government university?
NUMS is a public sector medical university owned by the Pakistani Army. It is one of the top ranked universities in Pakistan and offers a diverse range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in health sciences.
- When is the NUMS Entry Test scheduled?
No official announcement has yet been made about the NUMS entry test. Usually, the admission process starts for NUMS Entry Test as early as July/August and the merit list is displayed in October/November.
- Is negative marking in the NUMS Entry Test?
The NUMS Entry Test does not have any negative marking as such. This is one of the biggest advantages for students who take the test.
- What does NUMS stand for?
NUMS stands for National University Of Medical Sciences.
- How to download NUMS roll no slip?
NUMS roll number slips are sent to your home address via courier service. If you do not receive your roll number slip, you can download it from the NTS website and print it out.
- Is NUMS Entry Test easy?
It’s not easy. In fact, it’s quite hard. The test is designed to measure your ability to understand and apply the basic concepts of major subjects. So if you’re looking to become a doctor, you’ll need to put in a lot of hard work and preparation if you want to pass the NUMS medical entry test.
- How Many MCQs in NUMS Entry Test?
The total number of MCQs in the NUST NET is Biology 60, Chemistry 38, Physics 37 and English 15.
- How Can I Get Admission in NUMS?
There are a few things you need to do in order to get admission into the National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST). Firstly, you need to have a minimum 65% marks in HSSC or F.Sc (Pre-medical) or equivalent examination. Secondly, have your documents checked and thirdly, apply for the entrance test.
- Do you have any questions about the NUMS Entry Test?
Do you have any questions regarding the NUMS Entry Test 2022? Please comment, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Good luck.