Throughout the world, doctors are considered to be noble professions. There is respect for this profession among all. Pre-medical students dream of being admitted to medical colleges. The following is a comprehensive guide to MDCAT 2022.
MDCAT will be conducted on November 13 or 20. 44 Thousand from KPK, 80 Thousand from Punjab and 42 Thousand students from Sindh will take part.
President PMC Noshad Ahmed Shaikh
MDCAT 2022 conducting bodies
- UHS: For Punjab students
- KMU: For Kpk Students
- Dow University: For Sindh students
- Bolan University: For Balochistan Students.
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University: For Islamabad Students.
Important:- MDCAT 2022 Conduct provisionally, According to PMC Syllabus. (MBBS.Com.Pk)
- Test Will Be conducted Provincially (Same Day in Punjab KPK and GB) and some other same day in Sindh and Balochistan late due to high floods
- The syllabus and Paper pattern will be the same as that of PMC
- The test will be conducted by Govt Uni of the respective Province
- There will be a physical Paper-pen based exam.
Merit Criteria Will be
- MDCAT 50%
- Fsc 40% (Didn’t tell whether whole fsc or sciences)
- Matric 10%
Additional marks will be given to Hufaaz and Special Students to appreciate them.
- MBBS 55%
- BDS 45%
The test will be According to PMC Syllabus. So you must prepare PMC Syllabus. universities are only conducting bodies.
Read:- UHS MDCAT Past Papers
Exam Schedule for MDCAT 2022
The National MDCAT (Medical and Dental College Admission Test) is conducted by PMC (Pakistan Medical Commission) approximately three to four months after the FSc examination. MDCAT 2022 will be held online between the 7th and 30th of September. The final date has been announced. In Pakistan, MDCAT is a requirement for admission to medical and dental colleges.
|Local & International||13th– 20th November 2022|
Several examination centers will be set up across Pakistan, including Gilgit Baltistan and AJ&K. Nationally, there will be 21 locations for the exam, and internationally, there will be 9 locations. Below is a list of these locations:
- DI Khan
- Nawab Shah
- Swat /Malakand
- DG Khan
- Mirpur (AJK)
- Saudi Arabia
The following are the eligibility criteria:
- All Pakistanis, overseas Pakistanis, and foreign nationals are eligible to register for and attempt the MDCAT
- For MDCAT 2022 registration, FSC/HSSC/A level results/degrees are not required.
- There is a limit of one MDCAT exam per calendar year for each candidate.
Structure, Standards, and Setting of UHS MDCAT 2022 Exams:
A computer-based multiple-choice exam will be administered in the English language for the MDCAT. The test will consist of 200 multiple choice questions based on the following weighting:
|No. of MCQs|
Duration of the exams:
- The exam will last for three hours and 30 mins.
- All papers will maintain the same level of difficulty and cognition.
The national academic board has received recommendations from dental colleges in Pakistan regarding lowering MDCAT pass percentages for dental admissions as a result of two recent conferences.
The Board has directed National Medical to collect the average MDCAT scores from the provinces and Jinnah Sindh Medical University.
Based on an analysis requested from provinces, the MDCAT Pass Marks for the BDS Program has been lowered to 55%. The council held its 12th meeting on 27th June 2022.
MDCAT pass percentages for recent exams are as follows:
- 65% (130 out of 200) for admission into Medical Colleges
- 55% (110 out of 200) for admission into Dental Colleges
The PMC website will offer an equivalence score calculator for students who took the exam in 2021 and wish to use their 2021 results for admissions in 2022-23.
MDCAT will now be offered online, so students can schedule their MDCAT on their own time. It can also be rescheduled to another date if the student becomes ill one day before the chosen date. The same test is administered to public and private medical colleges.
|Exam Scheduling by Students
|8th Aug – 17th Aug
|Issuance of roll number slips
|18th Aug – 25th Aug
This year, there will be different versions of MDCAT tests. In order to accommodate 130k+ students, more than one test may be conducted (perhaps three, four, or even more). Students will attempt the test at the above-mentioned centers only. As soon as the student finishes the MDCAT test, the results will be displayed on the computer screen.
Tutorial, Mock & Practice Tests
As part of the student registration fee, a free online Mock Test and tutorial on how to take the exam will be shared with the students in August 2022. Mock Test questions will be drawn from a Mock Test Question-Bank that will provide students with an understanding of the level of questions expected in the actual MDCAT exam. For practice, students will be able to take multiple mock tests.
Registration & Scheduling Pre-Exam
- Registration will be canceled if incorrect information is provided during registration.
- Exams will be scheduled for candidates according to their choice of 1st and 2nd choice centers and First Come – First Serve basis from the date of fee clearance. A system will schedule students to the next closest center if a center’s capacity has been reached.
- In addition to successfully registering, candidates may log into their PMC Exams Account to view their scheduled date and center.
- During the Scheduling Window between 8th August and 17th August 2022, candidates may change their scheduled date or both dates and centers to any of their choice subject to space availability.
- After the Scheduling Window has closed, roll number slips will be issued to all candidates according to the final scheduling dates between 18th August 2022 and 25th August 2022.
Policy for Rescheduling During Exams
- The only cases that will be considered for rescheduling and absenteeism are those related to medical emergencies, accidents, natural disasters, and conflicts between MDCAT exam dates and other exams.
- If the candidate is absent on their scheduled exam date, rescheduling will be based solely on the availability of a future date and will not be an absolute right.
SOPs for Rescheduling During Exams
It is anticipated that the scheduling option will be reopened on the 6th of September 2022, and candidates will be able to directly reschedule their exams in the event of an emergency or health concern.
If space is available, a Candidate may reschedule their exam only within 72 hours or 3 days of the date on which their exam was originally scheduled OR within 24 hours or 1 day after being absent from their originally scheduled exam.
If an emergency requires a rescheduling and no future dates are available at any center in the same province, the candidate may request an Emergency Rescheduling through the Complaint Management System (https://cmspmc.com/registerComplaint.aspx).
Mandatory Requirement: Please bring your original identity document (CNIC/ Passport/ POR /B form/NICOP) plus a Hard copy of the COVID Vaccination certificate to the exam center. No student will be allowed to sit in the exam without identity verification with corresponding original documents and a COVID Vaccination certificate.
Students will have to follow NCOC COIVID guidelines as advised.
The MDCAT latest updates section can be found below.
This section contains the latest MDCAT news updates. Keep visiting mbbs.com.pk
- In order to pass the MDCAT, a score of 55% is required.
- In order to be considered for admission to any public or private medical college with notified quota seats, candidates must have passed the MDCAT examination.
- Each province will conduct a merit-based admission process for all public colleges between November and December.
- Candidates are advised to gain a broad conceptual understanding of all topics from any resource.
- MBBS.COM.PK is the only website that offers the best books for preparing for the National MDCAT examination.
The merit calculation for admission to medical colleges has been revised.
For upcoming admission, the merit will be based on the marks obtained by the student in science electives only. As a result of a government policy. These subjects include Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. The policy will apply to all students taking their FSC as well as students applying based on either last year’s FSC or A-Level results. To ensure no discrimination in Merit calculation it should be noted that applying students must have obtained an aggregate score of 65% or more in their HSSC Certificate.
START National MDCAT Preparation Today, get Entry test Book for MDCAT by mbbs.com.pk according to the PMC Syllabus For National MDCAT.
It is the dream of every pre-medical student to become a doctor. Would you like to become one of the best doctors in the world?
It is obvious that the answer is yes. MDCAT is the first step in the admission process to medical colleges. You will need to develop an exceptional study strategy in order to secure your seat in MBBS. Here, I will provide you with a guide on how to achieve maximum marks on the MDCAT. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the MDCAT.
A statement from the Vice-Chairman will clear up any confusion you may have, and this is the quick answer to a commonly asked question.
- This examination cannot be canceled
- There may be changes to the entry test procedure.
- We can conduct exams through online technology.
UHS MDCAT 2022
Pakistan Medical and Dental Colleges Admission Latest Updates are:
- It is the responsibility of the Admission Authority to conduct a single admission test for students seeking admission to medical or dental colleges in Pakistan on a date approved by the PMC Entry Test Council. This test will be mandatory for all students seeking admission to medical or dental colleges.
- Students who do not pass the MDCAT before obtaining admission cannot be awarded a medical degree in Pakistan.
- The admission to medical or dental programs conducted by Public sector medical colleges shall be regulated as per the policy of the provisional government.
MDCAT Preparation Tips:
Follow these tips to get High marks in MDCAT.
- I always prefer to study from Text Books.
- In order to complete a long syllabus in a short period of time, self-study is an essential component.
- It would help if you did not mess up with these daily reforms. Every year, such rumors appear. Be patient and wait for the official notification.
- Learn the short lists and easy concepts that your entry test preparation teacher writes on the board.
- A fresher should not become confused or depressed by the quick answer skills of repeaters, and repeaters should refrain from depressing freshers by showing their quick responses and concepts.
- Obviously, there’s a huge difference between studying for FSC (cramming mindset) and studying for MDCAT (Conceptual mindset).
- Stress factor is the biggest issue. Resolve it by convincing yourself that you are the only one who will stand above all.
- You should pray five times a day, because success is the gift of Allah, and if Allah is with you, nothing can stand in your way.
MDCAT Books are very important for preparation. Here are the Best MDCAT Books.
- MDCAT Book by MBBS.COM.PK
- Physics Punjab Text Book Board
- Biology (Most Important Part)
PMC MDCAT Pattern
MDCAT Across Pakistan is conducted by the PMC. But private medical colleges can conduct separate admission tests. Marks Distribution is here, with 210 Total MCQs.
- 68 MCQs Biology
- 54 MCQs Chemistry
- 54 MCQs Physics
- 18 MCQs English
- 6 Logical Reasoning MCQs
You can download mdcat syllabus 2022 from mbbs.com.pk.
A negative marking policy is not applicable to entry tests. Please do not hesitate to comment if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist you.
Here are some answers to your frequently asked question (FAQs).
Q. What is the expected date of announcement of the results of MDCAT?
The result will be announced on 7th October 2022 which shall be made available on the PMC Student Online portal. The result of the MDCAT exam as communicated and issued shall be final.
Q. For how long will this MDCAT result be used?
A candidate’s MDCAT result shall be valid for a period of two years from the date of the exam. If a person retakes the MDCAT exam during this period, the person may use the highest attained result to apply to a medical or dental college.
Q. Could you please tell me if there is an exam review process available? If so, how?
Exam review solely pertaining to the re-totaling of the MDCAT score will be available. The window for the review applications will be opened right after the announcement of the result. Candidates on payment of the prescribed fee will be provided with the option of review (scoring of their MDCAT exam).