There’s a reason why MBBS is the most popular choice among students in Pakistan. Biology is a difficult subject, but many students have been aiming for MBBS admission since high school. Today you’ll know all about MBBS and about the MBBS Books for the 2nd Year in Pakistan.
You’ll learn about:
- MBBS and pre-requisites
- Topics you’ll need to cover
- MBBS Books for 2nd Year in Pakistan
Let’s start with what MBBS is and all the pre-requisites for applying for MBBS.
Read:- MDCAT Books 2023
MBBS and Pre-Requisites
The MBBS course is a 5-year course that consists of 2 years for MBBS 1st year and 3 years for MBBS 2nd year.
In Pakistan, you can apply to any medical college after class 10th exams, and then admission tests will be held on this basis. After you pass all your exams, you’ll get permission from NMC to start medical school.
You need to complete MBBS in 5 years. It is a 5-year program, and you must be prepared for it. If you want to get admission to any of the top medical universities, then there is no option for you other than preparing yourself well for the examination by following these books.
You also need to take help from other sources like online resources and websites that provide information about these books, including their price, reviews, etc., so that you can choose which one would suit your needs best before buying them.
If you want to study medicine in Pakistan, you must have an FSc or equivalent premedical degree with at least 60% marks. The most common premedical degrees are FSc and BSc (Hons).
If you have an FSc or equivalent degree, then you can move forward to the next step, which is passing the entry test.
The entry test is conducted by the University of Health Sciences Lahore. The university offers limited seats for entry into MBBS programs through this test every year, and if you want to be admitted to these universities, then you need to score high on the entry tests as well as pass an interview process.
You must also pass the entry test conducted by the university. The entry test is conducted for all the students who want to study medicine, whether they have studied in Lahore or Karachi.
The MBBS books for 2nd year in Pakistan are very helpful to get good results in Pakistan.
Topics Which You’ll Need to Cover
Once you get admission to MBBS, you’ll get a detailed course curriculum from your university, and there will be different books for each subject. You’ll need the MBBS Books for 2nd year in Pakistan.
It refers to the study of tissues and their microscopic structures. It is a very important subject, especially for medical students, because it helps them to understand how cells work together in our bodies.
Additionally, it provides a better understanding of the diseases we suffer from and how they affect us on a cellular level. You can learn about histology by studying different types of tissues under a microscope.
You can also do this with some practice models to help you understand what is happening inside your body during various processes such as growth or healing after an injury or surgery.
Histopathology is a branch of medicine that deals with the microscopic examination of diseased tissue (as opposed to normal).
A very important topic in medicine is embryology or the study of the development of an embryo. In this chapter, you will learn about:
- The stages of development during which tissues and organs form
- The names and functions of different organs and systems
- Key terms that you need to know
Physiology deals with the human body and its functions.
- It examines how living organisms work and what happens to them when they are injured or diseased.
- For example, physiology explains why people feel tired or thirsty after a long run.
- Physiology helps doctors treat disease by explaining why some medicines work better than others for certain conditions.
4. Medical Biochemistry
Medical biochemistry is a complex subject and needs careful planning to cover all the important topics. Here are some useful tips:
- To study medical biochemistry effectively, you must understand what you need to know and why it is important. The chapter headings will help you organize your learning process by directing your attention toward topics that are vital or important for the exam.
- Make a revision schedule based on these headings so that you can allocate sufficient time for each section of medical biochemistry in your studies.
- Learn everything by heart; do not just memorize but also understand it as far as possible because this will help during revision time when an examiner asks questions from those sections which were learned but not really understood well enough to answer confidently.
Pathology is the study of diseases. The field of pathology involves diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases. Pathologists study how diseases develop, how they progress over time, how they can be prevented, and why people die from them.
Pathology is an important branch of medicine because it provides information needed to make decisions about treatments for patients with conditions such as cancer or heart disease.
Pathologists also help doctors diagnose health problems in newborn babies by examining their tissues through microscopic examination.
There are multiple other subjects you’ll need to cover if you want to pass with good grades.
It’s a branch of medicine, and it deals with understanding how drugs affect our bodies.
Additionally, It’s an important topic because pharmacologists are responsible for discovering new medicines and developing them into safe and effective treatments for diseases.
They also research the uses of these medicines to prevent or treat other health conditions, such as allergies or high blood pressure.
The MDCAT Syllabus 2023 is also updated.
MBBS Books for 2nd Year in Pakistan
If you’re a student of MBBS, we’ve got something for you. It’s the list of all the books that are prescribed by universities for MBBS 2nd year. So if you’re looking for MBBS books in Karachi, Lahore, or any other city in Pakistan, just scroll down and get your hands on them.
Here’s a list of all the MBBS books for 2nd year in Pakistan:
- Kumar, Abbar & Aster Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- General Pathology by IC Talbot & JB Walter
- Rubin R & Strayer DS Rubin’s Pathology
- O’Dowd G, Bell S & Wright S Wheater’s Pathology
- Saxena R, Pati HP, Mahapatra M, Firkin F, Chesterman C & Ponington D DeGruchy’s Clinical Haematology in Medical Practice
- Ramdas Nayak & Rai S Essentials in Haematology and Clinical Pathology
- Carman. HR Handbook of Medical Laboratory Technology
- Singh T Atlas and Text of Hematology
- Reid R, Roberts F & Macduffe Pathology Illustrated
- Curran R C, Jones E L Gross Pathology A Color Atlas
- Underwood’s Pathology: a clinical approach
You can get access to these books in two ways:
- Visit the university library and borrow a copy of your required book. They will issue you an acknowledgment slip that states that you are taking out the book for checking purposes only, and it should be returned within 3 days.
- You can buy these books from our stores at reasonable and discounted prices.
We hope that we’ve helped you out in searching for the best books for your course. Besides the books for MBBS 1st and MBBS 3rd years on our website, you will also find some other titles.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding MBBS books 2nd year.
1. What subjects are covered in 2nd-year MBBS?
There are multiple subjects that are covered in 2nd-year MBBS. These include:
- Community Medicine
- Systemic Pathology
- Forensic Medicine
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Clinical Postings and Opd
- General Pathology
2. How long is the 2nd year of MBBS?
Normally, if you pass all the subjects, the 2nd year of MBBS will take up to 11 months.
3. What is considered the toughest year in the MBBS course?
1st year is considered the toughest year during the entire MBBS course because students don’t know what they’re going to face during this time period.